Tuesday 1 January 2013

"A Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year"

I am a bit belated in saying this, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish one and all a very Merry Christmas and a blessed and happy New Year!

2012 has been a year of astounding blessings for me. My heart has been filled with such gratitude and joy, and I can't help but want to share it with others. 

Taking time to reflect on and rejoice in the gifts God has given us in the many areas of our lives is always a wonderful exercise. For what and/or whom have you been most thankful this past year?

Likewise, what are you looking forward to in the new year?

I personally am unbelievably excited because this year, I will be marrying the man of my dreams! He is my soulmate and best friend and he makes me happy in so many ways. Perhaps the most important thing is that through his shining example and loving support, he has helped me to strengthen and deepen my relationship with God. What better gift could I ask for? I can't wait to share in the blessed Sacrament of Marriage with him, to be united together by God, in a bond that will last forever. Whenever I reflect on the profundity of this Sacrament, on the eternity and enormity of this union, I am absolutely overwhelmed with joy and gratitude.

When a new year comes around, many of us think about resolutions and goals; we want to better ourselves in some area or another. Let us consider which areas of our spiritual life can use some further development or "sprucing up". Perhaps we could stand to pray more. Maybe we could try to more actively and meaningfully participate in the Mass. Perhaps we could make an effort to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation more often. This is definitely one that I could stand to work on! What might you be able to work on, in order to rejuvenate yourself and your relationship with God?

When thinking about this commitment for spiritual growth, let us keep in mind a message we heard on Christmas - that Christmas is a time for Jesus to be re-born in our hearts. Let us take this a step further and commit ourselves to recognizing and rejoicing in the re-birth of Jesus's love, glory, and peace in our hearts not just on Christmas Day, but every day. Let us revel in it, and strive to emulate His spotless, loving example in all that we do. 


May God bless you, today and always!

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!

    - Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! You're very inspiring

    ReplyDelete